When Chris and I were coming back from Osoyoos, we stopped in at a fruit stand on the side of the road. I was wanting to pick up some fresh Okanagan peaches and some plums. I also bought some fresh local Raspberry Honey (Which is OH so good!)
I decided that tonight I would make my very first Peach Crisp - my peaches were getting ripe and I didn't want to waste them.
Peach Crisp Recipe
10 small ripe Peaches (locally grown if possible)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or marg
Large baking dish
Bowl for dry ingredients
|I had vanilla but opted not to use it|
What to do:
1. Wash and peel your peaches.
2. Cut into wedges and place slices into greased baking dish.
|So juicy and delicious!|
3. In a separate bowl combine all your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon)
4. Cut in your butter/marg until you get a crumbly texture.
5. Place ALL the crumble on top of your peaches.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly
7. Once baked, let sit for additional 10 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy. Seriously - SO flippin' good!