Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Dessert - Peach Crisp




When Chris and I were coming back from Osoyoos, we stopped in at a fruit stand on the side of the road. I was wanting to pick up some fresh Okanagan peaches and some plums. I also bought some fresh local Raspberry Honey (Which is OH so good!)


I decided that tonight I would make my very first Peach Crisp - my peaches were getting ripe and I didn't want to waste them.

Peach Crisp Recipe

Ingredients:

10 small ripe Peaches (locally grown if possible)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or marg
Large baking dish
Bowl for dry ingredients

I had vanilla but opted not to use it


What to do:

1. Wash and peel your peaches.
2. Cut into wedges and place slices into greased baking dish.

So juicy and delicious!

 3. In a separate bowl combine all your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon)


4. Cut in your butter/marg until you get a crumbly texture.
5. Place ALL the crumble on top of your peaches.


6. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly
7. Once baked, let sit for additional 10 minutes.


Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy. Seriously - SO flippin' good!


Happy Friday
Much love
xoxo

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!