Friday, August 17, 2012

Jimbo's New Room

He's finally sleeping in a big boy bed! WOOHOO!!!

Chris and I decided that when we moved we would transition James into an actual bed. Now it's still his crib mattress size but it doesn't have crib rails. I was worried that it was going to take some time as we had tried this earlier this year - and it failed...miserably!

A friend of mine let me know one of her friends were selling a LittleTykes car bed - I jumped on the opportunity as I knew we could never afford that at full price. (Score one for us as we only paid $50.00!!) The bed frame itself is in GREAT condition.

Once we moved, we got James' room together. The first night in our new home it took about an hour to get to go to sleep, but we were patient with him as we were in a new surrounding. He slept from about 10:00 till 6:30 the next morning. We both were not happy about the early wake up but again - it was new to James so we understood. I myself didn't sleep all that well either.

The rest of the week - it took less and less time to get him to sleep. We started reading a book before bed and then we would just say "You must stay in bed" and BAM! He stayed and there were no tears and he didn't get up in the middle of the night!

He now goes to bed without any fuss - and stays. I usually go and get him in the early am to cuddle in the "b bed" as he calls it (Our bed) I just like that special time with him.

The transition from the crib to the toddler bed went off without a hitch. Now I am fully aware that once Graham is here that storey could change but for now I am very proud of my little man. He's growing up WAY to fast!

Much love
xoxo
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!