Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not so Wordless Wednesday - Surprise Monday - at the Aquarium

On Monday my MIL called to see if Jimbo and I would like to go to Vancouver. I haven't been in a LONG time and I needed to get out of the house with James so I agreed. I was pretty excited to take him to Stanley Park for what I thought would be an afternoon of walking.

We decided to drive past the Olympic torch and see Chris. That was nice as I don't get to see him in his work attire {I'm going to be honest and say it was a definite turn on to see him like that. Hard hat and all!}

After that my MIL said we would go for some lunch and then we would head off to the Aquarium. Uhh.. I wasn't planning on going to see the fishes but was SUPER excited nonetheless for James. Chris and I have been talking about taking him for a long time but we just haven't got around to doing it or money was too tight that month to go. (It ain't cheap!!)

We had some lunch and then headed off. We had NO IDEA that it would be so freakin' busy. It was a Monday afternoon for pete's sake! The walk through Stanely Park was so beautiful. The gardens were so full of color!



The colors are amazing. Some plants I have never seen before and they were so vibrant and vivid!

Once we got to the Aquarium James was super excited to see all the fishes. He kept asking to see "Meano? Mummy I see Meano?" Nemo is his favorite fish character. So we went on a hunt to find Nemo.



This frog was NEON green. So cool looking

I love Jellies. They are so neat to look at and are so fluid





 WE FOUND NEMO!! 


MEANO MUMMY! MEANO!

He was hiding on me!




 James really liked the full glass fish tanks. He kept saying "I swim? I swim?" He didn't want to leave one part cause he could see so much!



 We found the Penguin exhibit and my little man fell in love. At first he thought they were fish and I explained that they were called Penguins "Pendins?" Ok close enough - again he didn't want to leave the exhibit cause the penguins would swim right up to the glass and look at James. He was very happy to make some new friends.


The smile of one happy little man!



It was getting very crowded and we couldn't let James walk around a lot in fear that he would take off (something he likes to do) so we went to see the sea turtle and then we headed off to the gift shop.





I wanted to get James a little something to remember his first trip to the Aquarium so we went to the gift shop. There was a lot to chose from! I was showing him cups with penguins on them or a t shirt but he grabbed at a stuffed penguin, gave him a hug and a kiss and I knew I had to buy another stuffy... I don't mind though cause he was so happy to be able to bring a "pendin fend" home.

We left and within 10 minutes he was asleep. He got home and Daddy was home from work and he was telling him all about him day.

I had a blast. Just to see the smile on his face - plus I haven't been to the Aquarium in 15 years!! It was a fantastic Monday I must say!

Chris and I plan on taking him to the Zoo this weekend - weather permitting... I can't wait to see how he reacts to THOSE animals!

Much love
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!