Thursday, January 26, 2012

Taking the plunge

After a lot of research and a lot of questions I have decided to switch to mama cloth.

Are you asking what "Mama cloth" is? - Cloth menstrual pads. Yup..you read that right.

Now I had heard of mama cloth before, but my first thought was 'gross' and so did C. The first thing he wanted to know was what I would do with them. I chucked but then thought about it, and I couldn't fathom keeping them in my bathroom.... I could just picture it. One of our nosey friends snooping around our bathroom only to find a wet bag filled..... ok so you get the picture.

I just couldn't so it.

So after multiple visits from Aunt Flow I started to add up what it cost me each month for sposies (Tampons and liners. I hadn't used pads since after J was born) I was spending at least $15.00 a month. And that would be a good month! Crazy!! After adding it all up, what it would cost me for the year (approx. $180.00 a year) Now that doesn't sound too bad but if you add that up over a lifetime it's costly!

So I stated researching brands, fabrics etc. And to be honest I had no idea what I was so afraid. I told myself that I would hide the wet bag and make sure to wash every other day. So all the snoopy people would get an eye full of.. well... I was now excited to try Mama Cloth...then we got pregnant.

So I didn't really need anything for at least 9 months... but I thought I would use them after the baby was born. So I started to research postpartum Mama Cloth (Which by the way look SO much more comfy than the hospital ones)  But sadly as you know we miscarried in December.

After the miscarriage my doctor told me strictly "NO TAMPONS" ..ugh I hated pads. I felt like I was wearing a diaper and I hated how they crinkled and bunched plus they cost a lot of moola. So I dove right in and started to purchase Mama Cloth. Then I decided to reach out to companies to see if they would let me do reviews. Thus came the blog event.

A good portion of the event is just Mama cloth review but there will be other products as well, so don't fret.

I'm very excited for this. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Happy Thursday.

Much love
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested in this for postpartum so I can't wait til you do some of the reviews. I don't think I would do it full time cause I love my Divacup and generally hate pads, but I might think about it. Depending on cost and if it's worth while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm thinking about making the switch myself, so I am very curious to hear how it goes for you! I'm trying to decide if I want to buy some good heavy-duty ones for postpartum bleeding as I am due in March. I may just wait until afterwards so I don't freak myself out about it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!