Thursday, September 20, 2012

Why I am a 'Crap-Tastic' Mum

Ok, so I've seen this on quite a few of the blogs I follow and I thought I would participate. Jen from Life with Levi I believe started this...I must say thank you. No really thank you!



The Mummy wars that go on are CRAZY!! Seriously! I don't have a lot of friends who have children but there are some and we all parent SO differently - and guess what... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! We need to stop this... it's making us all look nuts!

So here is my list on why I am a CRAP-TASTIC Mum to James - Graham watch out bud!

1. James watches WAY to much television
2. I did not co-sleep with James
3. I breastfed James till he was 15.5 months (he stopped on his own)
4. I made my own baby food
5. I immunized James on time
6. James is still intact
7. I try to make veggies every night for dinner - doesn't mean he eats them
8. I steals hugs and kisses from James all the time. And get kisses on the lips
9. I nap with James every day
10. James drinks cows milk and loves it (sometime I add chocolate milk mix!)
11. He gets juice
12. He started forward facing at 18 months (this was daddy's doing NOT mine)
13. I cuss in front of him and YES he has repeated some words
14. Some days I don't take him outside
15. While we do cloth diaper I have used the occasional sposie diaper
16. James is 2.5 - almost 3 and still not potty trained
17. James has a set bedtime
18. I hate giving J 'time outs' or stern discipline period.
19. We have dance parties to less than child friendly music
20. James can use the electronic devices in our home better than Chris and I can - and Nan's iPad
21. We do not teach religion in our home
22. I bribe with candy and treats
23. He bathes every day and gets his teeth brushed twice a day
24. I let James listen to the "Baa Baa Song" all the time
25. I call Jimmy a weirdo, let him know I love him ALL THE TIME and that he is the best thing that has ever happened to me.



I really could go on and on and ON! But there are some reasons why I - Alisha - am a CRAP-TASTIC Mum. We all do things differently, and that's just life. I love my child and child to be more than anything in the world. If you think any of these things make me a crappy mum then so be it. That's your opinion and... you know how the saying goes.. Opinions are like.... yeah...

Much love
xoxo
  Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love this. People are so quick to judge other moms. But as long as your kids are safe and healthy, who cares if they watch TV, or consider ketchup a food group.
    Keep it up with number 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Everyone has their own ways of doing things.. who are we to judge them?? As long as the child is safe and healthy and loved. :)

      Delete
  2. This is great! But I still think one of those things on the picture is not the same as the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! But I still think one of those things on the picture is not the same as the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, LOVE, this!! I'm stealing this one for my blog! ;-) Thank you so much for some inspiration and small reminders that it is ok to just do what works for you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!