Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pregnancy Week Thirty Four!

34 weeks down... 6 to go. That's what I have to keep telling myself.

In the last week the pelvic pressure has increased and it's difficult to walk sometimes. When I get up in the morning it takes about 10 minutes to just get out of bed. During the night when I have to get out of bed for one for my 10,000 pee trips, I don't walk - I have to shuffle cause the pain in between my legs hurts so bad.

If I sit for too long, same thing. The Braxton Hicks contractions are picking up too! Not so much where it warrants a call to the midwives, but enough where I have been keeping track of them. Sometimes it feels like actual contractions.

Graham is still very active at night, especially when I go to bed - his movements are more like rolling motions with the odd jab here and there. There are times where I think this little guy is going to bust right out of my belly! He seems very strong - I mean for a baby still in utero.

My energy levels are fading - and naps and going to bed early are what I look forward too! It doesn't help that I have been sick for the last week. I HATE being sick.

So what's new this week: My birth kit is almost done! I just need a few more small items and then we are all set. I am planning on buying my drinks (juice, Gatorade etc) and Popsicles and what not in a couple of weeks. I don't want to wait till the last minute but also if I bring it in now it's going to be gone before I go into labor!

I'm trying to figure out what I want for snacks during labor. I need to remember that the midwives may need food too...but it's hard to know what to bring in. I was thinking fruit, and little things from M & M meats maybe.... any ideas??? Leave a comment with your ideas if you got any! I'm at a loss.

I plan on having a lasagna or something like that for after - depending on the time of day.

So now we are just waiting - I go tomorrow to register at my local hospital. I do have to say that I am sad that it;s not the same hospital the James was born at. But I need to register at the closest hospital just in case of a transfer so I understand. Other than that I am SO ready for Graham to be here.

42 days to go.... I have a feeling they are going to fly by!





Much love
xoxo
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Homemade granola bars. I made some on prelabour! I'll send you the recipe on fb!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!