Friday, September 28, 2012

Early mornings...makes for a tired Mummy! RANT!

For the past week James has had EARLY mornings. He is such a good little sleeper - goes to bed when asked and stays in bed. But..that's changing.

While he still goes down like an angel, he's been getting up anywhere between 2:00 am and 4:00 am - either SCREAMING or just WIDE awake! On Monday he woke up screaming from what I can only chalk up to night terrors, but I'm not 100% sure if that's it. On Tuesday, he had a full diaper of... well..poo, so I had to get him up to change him. I couldn't let him sit it that!

Wednesday was a 3:00 am wake up..screaming.. again. I again, got up and brought him into bed with Chris and I, but he never settled down and kept us up till Chris had to go to work. I felt terrible not only for James but for Chris too, as he gets up early to go to work everyday.

Yesterday again was an early morning, but he stayed him bed.

Then there was this morning... I got up around 2:00 am to go to the bathroom - hehe what else is new. As I passed his room, I smelt it. POO! James NEVER used to poop at night. Always during the day. But this is now the third time that he has done it whilst sleeping. I went pee, grabbed a new diaper and some wipes and went in to change him.

TMI ALERT! I opened his door and the smell of crap SMACKED me in the face. Something I really didn't want to be dealing with at 2:00 in the morning. I got up him, changed him, and he was WIDE awake. I had to change his sheets and everything. So gross.

I brought him into our room but when I realized he was not going to go back to bed, I put him back into his room. He didn't settle. He was up till 5:30 - then came into my room and slept till 7:15. I am at a loss on what to do.

While I know I could just leave him in his room, when he wakes up screaming and crying I HAVE to go in. I can't leave him like that. And since he has been so clingy, trying to put him back to bed in his own room at that time is hard as well since he doesn't want me to leave.

Once he is up for the day, he seems to be fine - yesterday he was an angel. We went out for lunch with my Mother in Law - around nap time and he didn't fuss or cause any scenes or anything. Plus we even went shopping after and again, surprised me at how well behaved he was. But he did fall asleep on the way home and was out cold till about 5:00 pm.

I try keeping him on a scheduled nap time, I know he needs his nap cause if he doesn't nap he's a completely different James. So omitting the naps would NOT be the best thing to do.

I'm just so tired. After a week of COMPLETE interrupted sleep, I feel like a walking zombie and I'm have about this much patients.

But how can I be mad or upset when I have this little sweet boy cuddled up next to me?....



Sorry for the rant - I just needed to get that off my chest! Thanks for listening!

Happy Friday!

Much love
xoxo
  Photobucket Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

1 comment:

  1. OMW!! Lil Mister has been doing this too! I'm dead tired at work this morning because he decided to wake up screaming at 1 am and went back to bed at 3! No poo, no wet nappy. I eventually resorted to kids painmed because I could only assume it was teething...again! But really he is almost two and goes through periods of perfect sleep then BOOM out of nowhere it is like a newborn again! I feel your PAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!