Thursday, November 29, 2012

One month old

ONE MONTH!!
 
It's slightly hard to believe my not so 'little' man is a month old today! What a month it has been!
 
Graham is amazing. There is really no other way to explain it. He brings us such joy, and is such a good baby. He is most definitely a Mommas boy. He loves to be held, and never wants to be put down. I don't mind - most days.
  
 
 
At his 3 week check up Graham weighed in at 11lbs 2.5 oz! ** UPDATE** Graham is in fact 12 lbs. Chunky Monkey! I'm going to guess that now at one month he is closer to eleven and a half pounds. He is 23 inches long (I checked today!) and LOVES to eat. Seriously this little man is on the boob most of the day. 
 
We are still co sleeping and I LOVE IT! It is so much easier to nurse him in the middle of the night, and I get a better nights rest when he is in bed with me. We have settled in to a night time routine which is great at 4 weeks!
 
Graham gets a bath every other night - this is usually just after Jimbo is put to bed so around 8 - 8:30 ish - After that we head to bed to nurse. I sometimes put on  movie but most of the time I just lay there with him. We fall asleep around 10:00 sometimes later (growth spurts are a TOTALLY different thing) Then we sleep till about 2:00 - 2:30. He then gets up to have a diaper change and nurses again. Usually taking about an hour or so. Then he is down till about 5:30 - 6:00 - again he is up to have a change and nurse and then he sleeps till about 8:30.
 
I get up around 7:00/7:30 with James to get our day started. Then Graham gets up to nurse and then he is up for the day. 
 


 
 
He takes small cat naps - around 45 minutes each time and then one long 2 hour nap when James goes down. Like I said before this little one does NOT like to be put down, so I either wear him in the Ergo (still trying to figure out my wrap) or I just hold him. He wants to nurse ALL THE TIME! Seriously. I know he is using me as a paci, but i cannot for the life of me get him to take a paci. Chris can, but I can't. Graham probably eats every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day, but then nurses for 2 hours before bed and sleeps! He goes down for another nap around 5:00 ish and sleeps through dinner! Then we are back to our nighttime routine! 

 
Graham is still able to fit into 3 month clothing, but some are getting small - so we have brought out his 6 month clothing. It's crazy how big he is! All his newborn diapers are too small - so I sold them, but right now his Applecheeks are working well. I will admit that we are using disposables with him at night. He is a VERY heavy wetter and leaks at night. I am anxiously waiting for the time when we can use cloth full time and ditch the sposies!
 
Graham is a wonderful addition to our family. We are so very blessed to have him and we all just love him to bits. He makes me smile, and I am.. ugh.. there really isn't any words to describe it. I'm just so in love.
 
 
Much love
xoxo
Photobucket Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Big boy! Ethan is just about out of his extra small FuzziBunz at almost 11 lbs. His size 1 AppleCheeks are getting snug too though! Almost time for smalls. He's a very heavy wetter at night, but finally we have no more leaks using AppleCheeks bamboo in a FuzziBunz. Thirsties duo with MF/hemp work well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still has some room to grow in his AppleCheeks, but his small AMP's are getting small, as well as his small itti bitti's. I really like his glowbug diaper as well as the GoGreen on the small setting. The gussets are great!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!