Sunday, November 18, 2012

Vicks AgeSmart Thermometer {Review}

Vicks was a name brand my mother used and trusted while my sisters and I were growing up. When we had colds she would use their Vaporub as well as their Vapo Cough Drops. Vicks has been around for over 100 years and when Chris and I had James - I knew I could trust Vicks products in our home.

When I received an email asking if I would like to review their AgeSmart Thermometer I quickly said Yes, as like I said before - it's brand we use and trust.



I was sent the AgeSmart Thermometer to test out and review, and I must say right off the bat - this is unlike my other Thermometers. First off - there are three age settings - 1. is for infants or less than 3 months of age. 2. is for children over the age of 3 months to 36 months. 3. is 36+ months.



Overview: 

When it comes to fever, AGE MATTERS!The definition of a fever depends on your age. What is considered normal body temperature in a 4 year-old may be regarded as a fever in a newborn. Vicks® AgeSmart™ is the first age-adjustable thermometer, using medical guidelines to interpret temperatures.
Vicks® AgeSmart™ Family Thermometer comes with the patented Fever InSight feature that offers a colour indicator along with temperature readout, and helps you to better understand the meaning of each reading.


One item needed in my home birth kit was a good Thermometer - so I added the Vicks AgeSmart to my bag and waited patiently for Baby Graham's arrival. After he was born the midwives asked for the thermometer to take his temperature as well as mine. When I got it for them they were pleasantly surprised with my choice of thermometer... they both had a similar one they used! So that made me feel really good about the Vicks AgeSmart Thermometer. I mean if my midwives use it, it must be good right??!!

One of the great features is the FeverInSight feature - if the temperature reading is good it will glow green. It the temperature is slightly elevated it will glow yellow and if the temperature is high it will glow red. No guessing if your baby/child etc has a fever or not.



Other great features: 
  • Fever Insight – Display changes colour according to temperature: green (OK), yellow (mild fever) and red (high fever)
  • Fast 8 second reading
  • Displays in °C or °F
  • Flexible tip
  • Water resistant
  • Memory feature
  • Lifetime warranty
  • BPA Free
Overall I have very happy with this Thermometer. It's very easy to use, it's a trusted brand, and it works!

I highly recommend this thermometer for your family. It's works for everyone!


Photobucket
Please note I was sent the above mentioned product free of charge to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and may differ from others. No monetary compensation was exchanged. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!