Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week 39

I am 39 weeks pregnant today. I never EVER thought I would see this time. But yet, here I am. I am ok with it. I think.

Yesterday I had a total meltdown. I am just so done and don't really know how to feel at this point. I know that EVERY pregnancy is different so I shouldn't of thought since James was born early that Graham would be early as well, but I did... oh yes I did.

I had a Midwife appointment today and everything looks good. My blood pressure is still perfect, Baby Grahams heart rate was 152 bmp and is in a 'beautiful birth position'  - well that is what my Midwife said anyways.

As of today I have gained 20 lbs this pregnancy. That's 30 pounds LESS than James. *I gained 50 lbs with him* I am measuring 39.5 - which again is right on track. I've had more and more painful contractions, and even had a couple of nights where I thought I should call, but of course I got tired, fell asleep and when I woke up they were gone. My Midwife said she gives me less than 10 days - but again it's all up to Graham.

Everything is ready for our home birth - my kit is all ready to go in our room, I have some meals made, Graham's diapers are all washed and ready for his little tiny bottom - again, we are just waiting... waiting for him!! I've had a lot more pressure in my nether regions. Like today is horrible. I can't get out of bed quickly anymore - and to walk for more than 15 minutes at a time is terrible. I'm swollen (yes down there) and even having hot baths don't help with the pain.

So, I will say it again - I AM SO DONE! So, here I am, 7 days before my guess date - wanting so badly to be done and to have my baby in my arms.


A very wise mum said to me today - "You will not be pregnant forever. He will come out" - So that has been my mantra today: "I will not be pregnant forever. I will not be pregnant forever. I trust my body, and my baby knows when to be born."

Graham - we shall meet sooner than later.

Much love
xoxo
  Photobucket Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand! I am 39wks tomorrow, my son was born at 35wks (issues) so having these final weeks of pregnancy is really throwing me off! Here's for babies soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I agree! I will say that I do enjoy still being able to sleep past 8:00 (most days) but like you said since J was early I feel like I've been pregnant forever! Hope our little ones come soon!!

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Newest follower - Nurse loves farmer told me about you! I am due tomorrow (20th) so I am right there with you! So done and ready!! My son came 2 weeks early so I never thought I would see my 40th week!! Crazy!
    Good luck to you!!

    Censie
    www.buildingourstory.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!