Thursday, March 28, 2013

ChewBeads {Review}

At four and a half months old Graham cut his very first wittle tooth. He's been teething for a couple of months - but I didn't really think he would actually cut one this soon. James didn't get ANY teeth till he was eight months old.

With James we did the traditional teething tablets - then I freaked out when they were recalled and tossed them - so we used an Amber necklace and it worked wonders. Graham was also wearing Amber but he was still MISERABLE! Graham needed something the actually gnaw on - but being me, I wanted to make sure it was natural, soft and was designed for teething babes.

After A LOT of searching I found Chewbeads!

About Chewbeads:

The idea for Chewbeads began in 2009 shortly after the birth of my son. Like most babies, he loved to put everything in his moth and my necklaces were a favorite. Like most moms, I didn't feel comfortable letting him chew on them, with concern that they might break or have unwanted chemicals. As a veteran of the fashion industry, I had an amazing collection of necklaces and bracelets, so with those inspiration, I set out to create soft, non-toxic jewelry, which was colorful, chic and, above all else safe. Hence Chewbeads!
  • Beads are made with 100% silicone (similar to pacifiers & nipples)
  • Soft on babies gums and emerging teeth
  • Easily cleaned with dish soap & water, also dishwasher safe!
  • No BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Cadmium, or Lead
  • Necklaces have a breakaway clasp for added safety
  • Necklaces are a great sensory tool to the your baby focus while nursing
  • Bracelets are a colorful reminder of which side you've just nursed

I was sent a Jane Necklace in Ivory to test out and review. I must say - they are very chic necklaces. Chic and simple. Which is what I like.



The beads are a great size - perfect for little hands to grab at and to chew on. Graham was interested in Chewbeads the moment I put it on.

Since the beads are made of silicon, they have a slight "squish" to them. They are very soft - I took a turn nibbling on them and I can see why little gums like to chew on them. Each bead is separated by a knot. This is a great safety feature - if for any reason the necklace breaks, you aren't going to have all the beads fall off. Chewbeads necklaces also have a breakaway clasp. Another great feature. To wash them - you can hand wash with some dish soap or for a really good clean - toss it into the dishwasher.

Graham has become very curious. While nursing, he tends to want to look around at the world that surrounds him. This can cause unnecessary discomfort for this nursing Mum. The Chewbeads necklace gives him something to play with and he in turns stays focused on nursing. Score!!


I have received a lot of compliments when wearing my Chewbeads necklace. The Jane necklace is very simple - but it is very chic and I love that I can wear it with any outfit. I can dress it up or dress down. A plain black t-shirt and jeans for running around or pair it with a super cute nursing dress say for Easter and you have one awesome outfit! LOVE IT! You can add a second or third necklace in coordinating colors to add interest to any outfit as well.

 
I am VERY thankful for Chewbeads right now - Its a wonderful product for my little guy. He really enjoys gnawing on the soft beads - and it doesn't look like a 'traditional' teether. I give this product two big thumbs up! A great shower gift for any expectant mother - or for a Mum who's little one is cutting teeth!

They have a great selection of styles - and they even have bracelets - which is another product I REALLY want to try. They have super fun, bright colors that will make any little one excited!

Connect with Chewbeads!
 
  

Thank you Chewbeads!
PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Please note that I was sent the above mentioned product free of charge to facilitate this review. All opinions are strictly my own and may differ from others. NO monetary compensation was exchanged for this review. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!