Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Love Child Organics {Review}

 


 

I was given the opportunity to review Love Child Organics pouched baby food. Graham wasn't quite ready for solids at the time, but he was going to be soon, so I accepted.

About Love Child Organics:

Like many people, we had never really focused on what food was available for infants and young children. That was until our daughter, Poppy, entered our lives. We were suddenly incredibly busy, and were surprised (and somewhat frustrated!) by the lack of tasty, nutritious and convenient food and snack options available in stores.

In terms of baby food, the supermarket shelves were filled with jars and more jars, mostly non-organic, uninspiring in variety and often quite tasteless. The food for toddlers, even many of the ‘organic’ snack products, contained fillers, sodium and sugars.  Before becoming a mom, Leah spent many years teaching students with special educational needs and behavioural difficulties, and was very aware of the negative consequences of children eating foods containing such ingredients. She wanted Poppy, right from the start, to grow up with an appreciation for healthy ‘real’ food.

Leah, an experienced and enthusiastic cook, began making most of Poppy’s food at home, always being sure to add superfoods to each and every batch. Giving Poppy fresh and nutritious homemade food was obviously the ideal, but at times it simply wasn’t convenient. We still wished there were better ready-made options to choose from.  This desire became even stronger when our family expanded  to include Cameron - now there was even less time to prepare baby food! 

After much discussion, we decided we would start up our own food company for infants and young children. Our company would be committed to making organic, convenient and tasty food, with a strong focus not just on leaving out the "bad stuff", but also on including as many nutritrionally-rich, natural ingredients as possible. Love Child Organics is that company, and we are very proud to bring our products to market. This is just the start for us, and we look forward to growing our product range alongside you and your family.


What initially caught my eye about Love Child is the fact that they are local to me. Located in Whistler, BC, Love Child Organics offers you a great selection of pureed fruit & veggie pouches, made in Canada. Best part is they are Organic. They also contain Quinoa, which is a great gluten free supergrain.

We were sent three samples to try out. Mangoes & Apples, Blueberries, Apples & Bananas and lastly Sweet Potato, Carrots, Apples and Blueberries.

They offer six different flavor combos:
  • Strawberries, Peaches and Bananas
  • Mangoes and Apples
  • Blueberries, Apples and Bananas
  • Butternut Squash, Corn and Apples
  • Kale, Peas and Pears
  • Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Apples and Blueberries.



As soon as I opened the package James jumped for joy! "Mum, I try one?" I handed over a pouch with apples, sweet potato, carrots and blueberries. I opened it for him and he gobbled it up. James is a VERY picky eater - but he had no problem chowing down. I was actually surprised, since he's so picky I thought he would have tasted it and thrown it away. He said it was "Yayicious"

When Graham turned six months old (or a couple days past that) we decided to try out some simple homemade purees. Carrots, peas, peaches etc. Graham HATED them. So we decided to try Baby Led Solids. He did amazing (and still is) So I was a little worried that I wasn't going to be able to review Love Child Organics with him. James was pureed fed and loved it, so I thought Graham would love it too.

I usually made my own pureed food for James. Buying it wasn't cost effective for us - but in a pinch - or on the go, the ease of pouched food is great. I have actually purchased some more of Love Child Organics pouches for car trips or when we are out and I know there isn't going to be food that Graham can eat. IE: Like when we went to a BBQ place... #parentingfail!

After we introduced all his starter food, I went back and tried the Mangoes & Apples puree pouch. To my surprise Graham LOVED it. He was so excited and he gobbled up about half the pouch. James took care of the rest. I even tasted it and it's pretty darn good. I can see adding this to plain yogurt to jazz it up. Or freezing it for a Summer treat. I haven't tried the Blueberry one yet as we haven't introduced them, but we will be - next month.



Overall, the boys seem to like the selection of food pouches that Love Child has to offer. I have peace of mind knowing that what I am giving them is organic, nutritious and it tastes good. Also,they are BPA free, also Phthalates free packaging.

I would highly recommend Love Child Organic Food Pouches to other parents. You can find your selection of pouches in your local Wal Mart or check out their 'Where to Buy' section on their website.

Thank you Love Child organics for making a product that eases my mind when feeding my children.

 




Photobucket

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Please note I was sent the above mentioned products free of charge to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed are strictly my own and may differ from others. NO monetary compensation was exchanged for this review. Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!