Friday, May 10, 2013

No Sleep and a Growth Spurt

I do believe we have hit the 6 month growth spurt. I am EXHAUSTED!

I don't think Graham unlatched the whole night... my boobs hurt, I'm stiff and SO FREAKING TIRED! Sure, I did sleep, but I wasn't comfortable, I was irritated - he was biting, flipping, crawling - doing everything in his power to keep me up! I know, I know "this too shall pass" - My goodness I hope it's soon.

With Jimbo, his growth spurts lasted a week! He would go from sleeping 12+ hours a night to waking ever 2 hours or so. But since Graham doesn't sleep through the night - he just stays latched on - ALL NIGHT LONG!

Now, I've been told that when they learn something new that can hinder their sleeping habits as they want to continue to do their newly learned trick. Well, I find this to be true. So very true!

Graham started crawling the day he hit 6 months. The day after that, he learned to sit up by himself. Yes, from lying on his tummy, to sitting up - all by himself. We also started solids - so a lot has happened in a VERY short amount of time. OH! did I mention we cut a third tooth?? Yes - a top tooth has now emerged from those gums.

Graham is on the move - cranky from teething and is comfort nursing like a mad man. It's times like this that I am thankful for bed sharing as I can just roll over and pop a boob in his mouth. The problem is - he doesn't let it go...and I am stuck in one position for god knows how long.

We were doing really really well in the last few weeks. He would go down in his pack n play for a few hours and them come to bed with me. He would nurse for about 5 minutes and fall asleep and wouldn't wake for at least 4-5 hours. NOW, he goes down fine, but is up every 2 hours - if that. I've been keeping track.

I am so tired, cranky and have little patients. I feel terrible that I am like this. I hate being mad at him - and I don't know if I would even call it being 'mad' He's so little and cute and I love him so much, but I just want some good sleep.

I am SO glad it's the weekend. Plus, next weekend is a long weekend and we are going away (as a family) so that will be nice. I am looking forward to it. I am really hoping Graham gets this spurt over with - it would be nice to enjoy our time away from home and not be dog dead tired from getting up every 35 seconds to nurse him.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!


PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!