Saturday, April 13, 2013

What's in my Diaper Bag?

I am an 'over packer'. When we go away even for a weekend, I pack enough to last at least 2 weeks. I can't help it.

When it comes to packing up my diaper bag, I try to pack only the essentials. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. Plus it depends where we are going and what we will be doing! I thought it would be fun to do a "What's in my diaper bag" post as well as a little review on my diapers BAGS... yes plural. I have more than one!

So my everyday diaper bag is a JuJuBe Hobobe in Licorice Twirl. Now - if you haven't heard of JuJuBe - GOOGLE them. They have some amazing, awesome diaper bags! My very first JuJuBe was a Between in Groovy Garden, but sadly I sold it (which I regret now). I sold off a lot of Graham's newborn diapers in order to fund my new obsession... I love each and every piece of my JuJuBe collection.


The Hobobe is a newish style diaper bag from JuJuBe. What I love most about it is that it doesn't look like your traditional diaper bag. Once I am done with diaper bags I can use this as an everyday bag for myself. I chose the Licorice Twirl, just for that reason. Black background with champagne details.

All JuJuBe bags have metal hardware. No plastic crap on these bad boys. The outside fabric is Teflon coated making it super easy to wipe up if it gets dirty. Some Pink Ladies say, all you need is a boogie wipe and voila! Clean! The inside material is treated with an antimicrobial treatment called AgION - and the bottle pockets are insulated with 3M Thinsulate.


The inside of the bag boasts a BUNCH of pockets and is quite organized. In the HoboBe, there are three mesh pockets, a small zippered pocket as well as a large back zippered pocket. There is also a back pocket that snaps (that's where you will find the matching change pad) On the sides there are bottle pockets. They fit any standard size bottle/sippy cup. My 27oz Klean Kanteen fits as well.


Most JuJuBe bags also have a front pocket called 'The Mommy Pocket'. A pocket designed for Mommies (or Daddies) to store their essentials for quick access. I keep my keys, a change purse, my little wallet as well as a chap stick and some candies in my Mommy Pocket. The Mommy Pocket has two smaller mesh pockets, a key FOB that is stretchy, and a longer back zippered pocket. I can fit all my goodies in here.




 So, what exactly can I fit in my HoboBe?? Take a look!

Below is what I pack on a daily basis, and is what I find to be my diaper bag essentials. This bag is packed for short trips out - I do have a larger bag that I pack with every thing listed below, but I do add other stuff as well.

1. A JuJuBe BeQuick, stuffed with two cloth diapers (a GlowBug and a Lil Helper), an AppleCheeks size 1 storage sac, the matching change pad (not shown) and some diaper cream (CJ's BUTTer) I also keep an extra pair of underwear for James as well as a PullUp. * The BeQuicks are AWESOME! I own two and want a couple more. They are by far the most functional piece I own. Chris agrees!*

2. Custom made wipes case (Thanks Amanda!) This usually has either disposable wipes or some cloth wipes. It's PUL lined so no leaking.

3. Neat Pouch - I bought this without the bib. I use this to keep little toys for the boys. Matchbox cars for James and a couple of toy rings for Graham.

4. Tissue - always need tissue. I made this little case from an old change pad from another JuJuBe bag.

5. JuJuBe BeMine - I use this for our medical kit. (I'll do a review on this as well) Inside I have some bandaids, Polysporin, Tylenol, Thermometer etc. It's a great size and everything is in one place.

6. Another small Quick that I made from a change pad. I keep extra clothes in this. Inside I can fit a onesie, socks and a pair of baby legs.

7. Boogie Wipes and Sani wipes. These are a must have! James HATES traditional Kleenex so these are SO super handy! Every diaper bag needs these!

8. Small Envirosax. I rarely use this. James enjoys counting his cars into the bag.

9. Coin Purse. I don't carry a large wallet with me everyday - and I HATE when change is just tossed into my bag. This makes it so its all in one place. Plus it's super cute!

10. Large Envirosax. I've used this for when the boys have dirty clothes or if we go shopping and I need a bag. I love Envirosax!

11. JuJuBe Business Be's: Now I have two of these for a reason. First - the Navy Blue one has the boys medical cards. I never leave the house without these. And the other one is my wallet. It holds my cards and is compact.

12. Key FOB - I lose my keys on a daily basis. They get lost in the bag or my coat pocket so by having a FOB, I can wear it on my wrist and they don't get lost (this is another custom piece from Amanda!)

And the FINAL essential for me is a Paci Pod - Now Graham doesn't like them - Paci's that is but on the rare occasion he will take one. So I have two on hand just in case. After he out grows them, I will use this to hold hair stuff!

This bag can fit A LOT! But there are some other 'essentials' that I wish I could fit. For example - a swaddle blanket, extra clothing for James, more diapers etc. But for being such a small bag I fit the necessities! For snacks and what not, I have our PACKiT.

I LOVE my diaper bag... it's stylish and functional. Hence my new love for it! I have quite a little stash growing - I want to say I'm done, but Summer prints are coming out soon so I MAY have to get a couple extra little goodies. Quicks are awesome just for running out for a super short trip. Add some diapers and wipes and you are good to go.

I now own three bags - and a bunch of accessories. Their bags range anywhere from $100.00 all the way up to $300.00+ They are worth every penny in my opinion.

Be sure to check out all of JuJuBe's bags! - careful though, you may get hooked!

CONNECT WITH JUJUBE:
 






Photobucket
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Please note that the above mentioned products were bought and purchased by me with my own money. NO monetary compensation was exchanged for this review. I LOVE my JuJuBe so I thought I would do a review. All opinions are strictly my own and may differ from yours. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via a google diaper bag search. Love this post and everything you organized. I'm new to the Jujube world and quickly falling in love.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!