Friday, May 27, 2011

A duca duca Goose?? Duca Duca Diaper

OK, so here's the deal. A while back MOAS was offering blogger's a chance to review one of two new diaper's that are coming out on the market. I jumped on that band wagon and was offered to do a review.

So here it is... Duca Duca O/S Diaper.



I was very excited to get the chance to do a review on a new diaper. When I received my package I couldn't wait so I did a load of diapers to prep everything. After I washed it, I did an inspection. I really love the back of the diaper. The embroidery is super cute and unique.




Pocket opening
 I was very happy that the diaper came with not one but two inserts (I am unsure if it's MF or a Cotton 'like' insert.It's very very soft) One is slightly larger (in width) and the other is similar to my other MF inserts. What I wasn't happy with was what the inner material is made of. To be honest I don't like it at all. It's not a micro fleece, it's a thicker fleece but I feel that it would make the diaper 'hot' if that makes sense. I'm stumped for words, when I looked on their website there was no information about the materials used.

The inserts-So soft and a good size

Internal
Upon further inspection I thought to myself "I don't even think this is going to fit J. The rise seems very short." So I asked C what his first impression was..he replied with "You sure that's going to fit? The rise seems..short" I agreed with him. I checked the internal rise thinking maybe I had some more room to play with but nope, it was on the largest setting.

I put it on J and gave it a chance. It sits very low on him (due to the short rise) and getting the snaps done up was a feat in itself. I could only use the first two snaps, and even then it was a tight fit.



Once I got it all done up and let him run around I was impressed with the trimness of the diaper. I would be on board with the diaper if the rise/sizing was altered slightly to fit a longer/chubbier baby.



If I were rating this diaper out of 5 I would give it a 3/5. The reason being a short rise, odd snap placement and the inner material being well not so comfortable looking. Upon going to their website, I would also not pay the 21.95 they are asking for a single diaper.

Pros:

Trim fit
Comes with two super soft inserts
Washes well

Cons:

Short rise
Snap placement
Inner material


So to sum everything up, I think this diaper would be great for a smaller baby or a toddler who is more slender. It has some good qualities but for us it's just not a good fit.

If you would like to buy your very own Duca Duca Diaper follow the link: http://www.ducaducadiapers.com/


I would like to thank Mother of A Sale for supplying the diaper to review. I do believe with a few tweaks, this diaper would be a good fit for us.





Please note I was in no way compensated for this review. I was supplied the diaper free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are strictly my own. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide if I should try some of these. My son is skinny so it might work for us. I find many of the diapers too big for him, but Fuzzi Bunz one-size fit him great. Do you know how the overall size of the Duca Duca compares with the Fuzzi Bunz? or any other more known brands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,

    My son still isn't on the largest setting in his FB, and in his Duca Duca diaper he is on the largest setting and I can only use a single snap on each side. With the FB I can get all the snaps done up. If your son is skinnier I would give them a try! I bet they would work great for you. I just have a chunky 29 lbs 16 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you did this review. I was just looking as Baby Half Off has these on their daily deal. I don't think I'll be getting any even at half price as I have a very LARGE 2 year old, at almost 40lbs. and over 40 inches tall. I'm having a difficult time finding cloth diapers big enough for him. Most are getting migty snug, and I'm not sure when he will decide its time to potty train.

    Thanks again,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. These diapers fit my daughter very well, BUT - she's 6 months old. I actually love the snaps in that pattern... they seem to hold the front of the diaper very flat and snug.

    The materials ARE a little strange, my husband thought it was a swim diaper when he saw her in one. I only bought 2 and haven't had any leakage issues with them and will keep using them but probably not get more.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!