Friday, May 27, 2011

A duca duca Goose?? Duca Duca Diaper

OK, so here's the deal. A while back MOAS was offering blogger's a chance to review one of two new diaper's that are coming out on the market. I jumped on that band wagon and was offered to do a review.

So here it is... Duca Duca O/S Diaper.



I was very excited to get the chance to do a review on a new diaper. When I received my package I couldn't wait so I did a load of diapers to prep everything. After I washed it, I did an inspection. I really love the back of the diaper. The embroidery is super cute and unique.




Pocket opening
 I was very happy that the diaper came with not one but two inserts (I am unsure if it's MF or a Cotton 'like' insert.It's very very soft) One is slightly larger (in width) and the other is similar to my other MF inserts. What I wasn't happy with was what the inner material is made of. To be honest I don't like it at all. It's not a micro fleece, it's a thicker fleece but I feel that it would make the diaper 'hot' if that makes sense. I'm stumped for words, when I looked on their website there was no information about the materials used.

The inserts-So soft and a good size

Internal
Upon further inspection I thought to myself "I don't even think this is going to fit J. The rise seems very short." So I asked C what his first impression was..he replied with "You sure that's going to fit? The rise seems..short" I agreed with him. I checked the internal rise thinking maybe I had some more room to play with but nope, it was on the largest setting.

I put it on J and gave it a chance. It sits very low on him (due to the short rise) and getting the snaps done up was a feat in itself. I could only use the first two snaps, and even then it was a tight fit.



Once I got it all done up and let him run around I was impressed with the trimness of the diaper. I would be on board with the diaper if the rise/sizing was altered slightly to fit a longer/chubbier baby.



If I were rating this diaper out of 5 I would give it a 3/5. The reason being a short rise, odd snap placement and the inner material being well not so comfortable looking. Upon going to their website, I would also not pay the 21.95 they are asking for a single diaper.

Pros:

Trim fit
Comes with two super soft inserts
Washes well

Cons:

Short rise
Snap placement
Inner material


So to sum everything up, I think this diaper would be great for a smaller baby or a toddler who is more slender. It has some good qualities but for us it's just not a good fit.

If you would like to buy your very own Duca Duca Diaper follow the link: http://www.ducaducadiapers.com/


I would like to thank Mother of A Sale for supplying the diaper to review. I do believe with a few tweaks, this diaper would be a good fit for us.





Please note I was in no way compensated for this review. I was supplied the diaper free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are strictly my own. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.