Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life Update

Here we are - six weeks into being a family of four. I must say - life is NOT what I thought it would be. Some days I feel like I am going to go bat shit crazy!

Graham NEVER wants to be put down. I mean NEVER!! He won't nap without me beside him. I can't put him down to get Jimbo lunch - or go pee. He just wants to be held all the time. To be honest - I wouldn't mind as much, but I do have another little boy who needs my love and attention as well. I have tried carrying him in the Ergo at home, but I find it to bulky. My wraps are a bust right now as I still cannot figure out how to use them. I had a facebook friend sell me her K'Tan, which looks a LOT easier to use, so I am hoping that will solve this whole "Mama I never want to be put down"

Graham also nurses NON STOP. Seriously. He must be on the boob 18 hours a day. Chris is frustrated because he can't even hold him without Graham freaking out. I honestly feel bad for him. He goes to work all day and then comes back and wants to spend time with his boys and all Graham does is cry... cry and cry some more. Yet as soon as I take him BAM quiet.

James was never like this. He was a VERY quiet and content child. I know I cannot compare them as they are two totally different children, but I can see why Chris is upset.

By this time with James he was sleeping through the night. 6 hour stretches at a time. Graham - yeah not so much. This isn't an issue as we have been bed sharing. Nursing is a breeze in the middle of the night. I change him if he needs it, then I get to lay back down and he nurses till he is content. I sometimes get 4 hours - but usually it's 3 hours at first then every 2 hours after that.

BOTH boys have not been sleeping in - I have been up every morning at 6:00 - I sneak out of bed - grab a quick cup of coffee and a muffin and within minutes of finishing both boys are up for the day. While we do get a nap somewhere in there most of the time they are up and about.

James is still acting out - not listening and to be honest is sometimes a bum. He likes to say 'NO' and when he knows not to do something he does it anyways. He hasn't shown any anger towards Graham - just Mum and Dad. His potty learning is still going great! We don't really have to ask anymore if he needs to go - he just does. When we are out though he is still in a pull up - as we haven't mastered public washrooms yet. Also going number 2 is still something he is "fraid" of. He does go but it takes a LOT of convincing to actually do it. After though he is happy with himself.

I'm still trying to figure this all out - but I'm coming to the conclusion that I will never REALLY have it all figured out!!

Life with two boys is crazy! NEVER in my wildest dreams did I ever see my life like this - but it's my life and I wouldn't change anything about it. I am so blessed... so very blessed.

How sweet are these two??


We go in on December 20th for our 6 week check up and discharge... I'll do a Graham update again at that time.

Much love
xoxo


Photobucket

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. This too shall pass! I have two boys and when the second came, it definitely was an adjustment and my oldest acted out a lot. My advice would be to take lots of opportunities to try and make your oldest feel special and try and make as many positive connections with him as possible. I thought my first was adjusting really well to the new baby, because he was so loving and cute towards him, but then all these other behaviours started to come out and I realized that was how he was showing his insecurity about the new baby.

    There are lots of wrap how-to videos on youtube that might help. It can be a bit of a challenge to figure them out, but once you do, it seems easy and you'll wonder why you had a hard time at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!