A little bit about Hippeez (Taken from their website)
What are Hippeez Cloth Diapers?
Hippeez are handmade in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, by a dedicated work-at-home mother (WAHM) named Heather, using quality materials. They are built to withstand the rigours of diaper washing, and can be passed on to another mother when your child outgrows them, or saved for another child. We guarantee our quality!
What about Covers?
We also offer handmade wool and fleece diaper covers that will work for over Hippeez, as well as most other fitted, prefold, flat, or contour diapers.
I got to choose my fabric and size (J is in a size 5) and I just HAD to have the Beige Safari. It was just too cute to pass up. I also asked if I could have a Sherpa inner and a Cotton/microfiber soaker. Click here to see a selection of fabric!
|Isn't it cute?|
The next day was laundry day. I was excited to be able to test it out for overnight. I have to say, it washes very well, but it does take longer to dry as it is a fitted diaper. Another small bump in the road was that the touch tape came undone from their laundry tabs and caused a diaper chain in my washer.
The next night I put it to the test. I only used the fitted diaper (no doubler's) and I put a Thirsties cover over top. We out J down and hoped for the best.
The next morning....
Yes, J's pj's were dry. The sheets were dry and I was SO very happy that I didn't have to do a load of laundry! The Hippeez diaper was soaked from front to back but there were no leaks. None!
We have used it since then for nights only and we have only had one leak. He stayed at my mom's one night and had a full sippy of water before bed. He woke up slightly damp. But other than that..dry every morning!
The Nitty Gritty:
Available features include:
- Multiple layers of soft, absorbent, 100% cotton flannel in the soaker zone, with or without microfiber;
- Super-soft polyester fleece inner to wick moisture away from your baby's skin, or choose cotton flannel or cotton Sherpa if you prefer natural materials;
- TouchTape hook and loop closure, which makes the fit super adjustable (it also means Hippeez go on just like a disposable diaper!);
- Available cross-over TouchTape to ensure even the skinniest babies are accommodated;
- Extra wide loop tape across the front for even more adjustability;
- Elastic at the waist and legs to keep messes inside the diaper;
- A true fitted design - without complicated snaps like one-size designs - means they fit properly without being bulky;
- No PUL outer layer (as with all-in-one diapers) which can wear out before the rest of the diaper, prevent the inner layers from drying fully, or rip. No PUL also enables you to use the preferred diaper cover of your choice - from pull-on plastic pants, to wrap-style PUL covers, to wool shorts...even no cover at all if you desire; and,
- Nothing to stuff, insert, pin, snap in, tie on, or fold, just put on the diaper, add the cover of your choice, and go!
I love that these are sized diapers. You get the best fit when you have a diaper that is made for your little one!
The sizes are as followed:
Preemie: 3-7 lbs
Newborn: 6-10 lbs
Size 1: 8-14 lbs
Size 2: 12-18 lbs
Size 3: 16-28 lbs
Size 4: 22-37 lbs
Size 5: 27-35 lbs
Size 6: 35+ lbs
I'm hoping to get a couple of size 1 diaper for the next little bundle of joy. They are so easy to use! The prices are not bad AT ALL!! Compared to some other name brand diapers.
Preemie to size 4 are $11.99 CAN each.
Sizes 5 & 6 are $13.99.
You can also get a Sherpa inner (+.50) but I think it's so worth it. Plus you are supporting a WAHM!
So, overall, this is a great fitted diaper. The quality is impeccable and I can't gush enough about the fact that it holds up to my heavy wetter. If you are looking to try a Hippeez, I would say just go for it. You won't be dissapointed!
***I have not been able to get a good picture of J in this diaper. I will try to get one soon and will post ASAP.***
THANK YOU Heather for making such a wonderful diaper, and allowing me to do a review for you. You have saved me many loads of laundry! xoxo
Please note that I was sent this diaper free of charge for review purposes. All opinoins are stricly my own, and may differ from others. No monetary compensation was taken.