Monday, August 22, 2011

We are children of the 80's

So as promised, here are some highlights of out 80's themed birthday for our buddy Jay. We had such a great time. 2 hours of bowling, cake and drinks (non alcoholic for me) and we got slighting sassy afterwards!

After putting my outfit together the night before, I decided I needed something different.... It was lacking the 80's style. So off to Talize we went the next morning. We got there at like 10:00 am or something. I had to be to work for noon, so we needed to make this a quick trip. We went straight to the vintage section.

Chris pull out this ensemble and I looked at his and said "OMG, that is the UGLIEST effing dress I have EVER seen" I was laughing so hard, then he swished it around and we both realized it was a JUMPSUIT! Chris almost yelled it out "OMG, It's got EFFING pants!" And that was that. I had to have it!

Partial group shot - can you spot me?

C looked like he stepped right out of a John Hughe's film. I thought we made quite the couple!





At the end of the night, prizes were awarded to the best Male and Female costumes. The winner's received a water bottle, wither either Batman or Barbie on it. Super fun Pop Rocks candy, and a PEZ. Can you guess who won??


My friend Jon and I took home the championship!
Like I said, By the end of the night, we were all feeling a little sassy... yes that is a denim skirt he is wearing.. that's Jon!

I haven't had that much fun in a while. Our circle of friends know how to have a good time! Until the next themed party...



Much love

7 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by Couponing Texas..now your newest GFC follower..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love the theme birthday party! LOL! Awesome :) I am following you back. Have a happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, following back from the hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Weren't the 80s great!? New follower from the Fun Tuesday Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 80's outfits! I also grew up in the 80's, what a trip! Please visit and follow me at http://materialgirlgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun. Love your costume. You guys made the perfect 80s couple.

    I am a new follower from the Fun Tuesday Hop.

    Vicky @ http://messforless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!