Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He's ONE!! Day 1


Ok so I wanted to start a 365 blog yesterday but I just wasn't able to get here to post. So I will start today and still do 365 days of James!

Yesterday J turned one. I woke up and was in tears! I know I know, it's not bad or sad really. I just couldn't believe that he was a whole year old.

I remember the very moment that he was placed on my chest. After 13 hours of labour and 2 hours of pushing I finally got to see my little boy. I was amazed by the amount of love I felt for this tiny little creature. I was also so relieved that the labour was over and that my baby was healthy!

I look back to the first time I was left alone with J. I won't lie, I was scared to be alone with him. I just didn't know if I was holding him right, or if he was feeding properly. All in all I just wasn't sure if I was going to be a good mom. After the first night, all the motherly instincts kicked in and from somewhere I just knew what to do.

It's been great to see him develop over the year. To hear his first laugh, to see his first smile. And when he started to crawl I was such a proud mommy!

I am so very excited to see him grow more and more each day! Everyday he does something new, changes just a little bit and I don't want to miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!