Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cough due to cold...

So last week C and I both had a cold. It's so rare for C to get sick, so when he says he's not feeling well, then I know he really isn't feeling well. He had a head cold, blocked sinuses, runny nose the whole shebang! I was praying that I wouldn't catch it...BUT I woke the next morning with a sore throat and well, needless to say we both had colds.

I am a miserable person when I am sick. I hate it, with a passion. But after J was born I tried SO hard to make sure that he didn't catch it, and in his 13 months of life he has only had a cough ONCE! And it was recent (like this year 2011) Knock on wood. So I was hoping that he wouldn't catch it. FAIL!!

I was woken up in the middle of the night to the baby monitor lights going crazy as J was in his bedroom coughing up a lung. It didn't sound bad at first so I went in to check on him, he was back asleep and that's all I heard till the next morning. He had a slight cough. Nothing croupy or 'a bark like' cough, just your standard cough. I let it go a couple of days and then his nose started to run. YUCK! He hates when you get near his nose, so using an aspirator was out of the question. Well his nose continues to runs, his cough is still there but it is not getting worse.

Tonight was the first time he has had a fever  of 100.8. Scared me so much, but he is still his happy go lucky self. Thank GOD!! We gave him a warm bath followed by a steam session and he went to bed no problems. J loves his food, and for the past few days his appetite is not there. I just feel so bad for my little man. But he's a trooper, and I know he'll get better soon. I'm just a worried first time mommy.

Well that's that! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!