Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Road Trip

C and I decided to take a little vacation to see my parents. I have not seen my dad since December so I was itching to go up! I was so bummed when he called on Saturday to tell me that the roads were not that great ie: compact snow on the ground, slippery sections and heavy snow fall warnings. I cried the whole morning while getting ready for work.

The roads were not that bad. There was some icy sections and a lot of snow on the side of the road - we even went through a small avalanche SCARY! but it wasn't too bad.




We made it there in one piece and J was so excited to see his Grandma and Grandpa. It was SO freaking cold though. It got down to 16 below, and i must say, being a city girl - I was freezing my bum off!

We had a very relaxing time. J also got to see his Baba and Guido (Great Grandparents) which is always nice. They got him a new fire truck for his birthday and he just loved it!

I also got to visit with a friend I have not seen in almost a decade. Now that was crazy awesome. The last time I saw her I was I believe 16 - no boyfriend and no children. But it was nice to catch up.

Like I said, we had a relaxing time. I got to see my parents and J got to do something different. I love our road trips. J is such a great little traveller.

So that was out mini vacation to see my mom and dad. I can't wait to be able to go up again!



Much love
xoxo


 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!