Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday, a day for rest... YA RIGHT!

For the last few days, J has not been himself. On Tuesday he spiked a fever and had a little appetite. On Wednesday, he was fevered again (low grade) and again, was not himself. He was napping for 3+ hours and still sleeping 14 hours each night. He didn't have a big appetite, so I thought maybe it was the flu, or possibly teething. I wanted to think it was a growth spurt but I was very wrong! Then two days ago, he broke out in a small rash behind his ear. He was scratching at it, but would leave it alone fore most part of the day. Then yesterday he broke out all over his poor face. He didn't have much of a fever anymore, but still was very picky with his food.

Well, then TODAY he wakes up and he is covered all over his chest and face with a red spotty rash. C and i were trying to think what it could be... allergic reaction? Heat rash? Chicken Pox, measles, mumps?? We had NO IDEA. So we left it alone as I thought I would take him to the clinic tomorrow and see what was up. The rash subsided a bit (not so red) so we headed out to do what we needed to get done.

Our first stop today was to go and visit K and her mom. J needed to get fitted..well in all honesty he needed his pants hemmed. He is going to be one of two ring bearers at Aunt K's wedding in 2 weeks. So we went and did that and my friend Mrs. J said J's rash could be Roseola, as her son X had it before. I didn't think much of it, so after that off we went for dinner with the family.

We were at my Grandma and Grandpa's for a couple of hours, and J took a nap on me. When I looked down at his arm the rash had spread and it was bright red, I looked at C and said "Let's go to the ER, I wanna know what's" he didn't argue and we got up and went to the ER. (Thankfully it was a 5 minute drive) We got there, and waited....and waited and waited. FINALLY we got to see the Triage Nurse. She was asking all the standard questions, and when she asked where the rash started I replied with "Behind his ear" the look on her face was priceless. She took us to a room and said "I don't usually close the door, but in your case i need to. He may have the measles!" "Oh S***" I said to C. The measles was the last thing I wanted to hear.

J was crying and crying. He was hungry and tired and I just wanted to get him home. The very VERY hunky doctor came in (I mean..drool worthy lol) took a look at J. He checked his ears (J didn't like that too much) and also checked his mouth, and what not. J was screaming and I was crying lol... in the end, he told us that it's not the measles as J is up to date with his shots but he does have Roseola. AHH thank god!

So now J just has to wait it out. It should clear up in a few days. Needless to say, today has been one of those days. I am so thankful that J isn't seriously ill and also thankful for my Grams who made me a WONDERFUL dinner.

Until the next post, hug your little one and let them know you love them

Much love