Saturday, July 13, 2013

Learning to Write

Since James is not attending Preschool during the Summer months, I thought it would be a great idea to continue with his reading and writing.

While he was in school, he would bring home work sheets that he did. They were the Alphabet worksheets, you know - the ones where you were asked to trace the letter, then continue on with writing them out... anyways I got a whole whack of them. Each and every one were just doodles - no tracing but there was some great art work.

While at the dollar store one day I found a book similar to the worksheets James was bringing home and I bought it for him. Like I said, I thought it would be good to continue on with writing and reading while he was out of school for the Summer.

Today I decided was a great day to start. I was nervous he would get mad and frustrated with it - but he was ALL OVER IT! I let him choose a colored marker and off he went.

He went through about eight pages and was loving each minute of it.





I am so beyond proud of him. I am hoping to continue on with this throughout the Summer, and we will continue when he starts school again in September. My hope is that he learns to write his own name when he starts school again.



Much love
xoxo



 PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!